Flat line introduction
General description of flat wire
The flat wire is a magnet wire with rectangular shapes.
●Deve loped for high performance coils to meet the requirements of smaller space,high density and high currents.
The characteristics of flat wire
● Better than round wires in terms of space factor.;
● A larger surface area compare with round wire can effectively improve the skin effect, reduce the loss of high frequency current, resistant to high current;
● Uniform quality of insulation over the surface including the corners;
● Easy efficient winding contributes to the flatness of coil surface;
● The temperature difference of coil inside and outside is small and has good heat dissipation;
● Presence of pinholes as low as round wires;